Super Healthy Hot Potato Roast
- 6 slices bacon
- 2pounds bone-in chicken thighs or breasts, or a mixture
- 1 jar Organico Bello Salsa
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs medium-size Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 2 med-size yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 med-size red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 med-size orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalepeno, minced
- 1 to 2tsbp adobo seasoning
- 1½ cups Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, green parts only
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- Put the bacon on a large rimmed baking sheet, place in the oven and heat to 400. Cook the bacon through — until it is chewy and going to crisp — approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken. Place chicken parts in a large saucepan with onion, garlic and salt, Organico Bello Salsa, and cover with water. Heat pan over high heat until liquid comes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and let simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the pan, and set aside. There should be a couple of tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan. If there is more, discard it.
- Remove chicken and let cool, reserving stock for another use. Using your fingers or two forks, shred meat from chicken and reserve, discarding skin and bones. (Alternatively, shred meat from leftover or store-bought roast chicken and set aside.)
- Add the butter to the bacon fat, then put the potatoes, onions and red peppers onto the pan, and stir to coat. Spread the potatoes, onions and red peppers out evenly across the pan, and return it to the oven for 20 minutes or so, then take it out again, and use a spatula to turn everything over. Cook for another 20 minutes or so, or until the potatoes are beginning to crisp, then turn them once more and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lime juice and minced chipotles en adobo, to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are well crisped, take the pan out of the oven, and season with salt and pepper. Dice the reserved bacon, and scatter it on top of the potatoes, then top with the shredded chicken and crumbled cheese. Drizzle with chipotle sour cream, garnish with the scallions and serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.