Organico Bello® pasta sauces are delicious and as healthy as nature intended. They rely on the natural merits of their organic ingredients to give them their pure flavor. Now, let's make some Italian Meatballs! This recipe is loaded with nutrition benefits sure to fit any lifestyle, including organic, gluten-free, vegan, Whole30, Paleo, and Keto!
Course: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 24 meatballs
3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed finely chopped parsley (about 1/4 of a bunch of fresh parsley)
- 2 tablespoos salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 jar of Organico Bello Marinara
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (for easy clean up), and place the wire rimmed baking rack on top.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and chicken stock. Stire and set aside while it absorbs the liquid.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and turning golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- In the same large mixing bowl that has almond flour and chicken stock, add the cooked onions and garlic, ground beef, ground pork, 2 eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Use a spatula or hands to mix until completely combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop (or measure out 3 tablespoons) to scopp out meatballs, and use hands to roll into balls. Place meatballs on wire baking sheet. Will make 23-24 meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately while warm, topped with Organico Bello Marinara.
- OPTIONAL: Serve atop a bed of zucchini noodles or roasted spaghetti squash.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes. Or reheat in a 350°F oven until warm, 10-15 minutes.
Freezing: After baking, allow the meatballs to cool completely, then freeze the baked meatballs in a freezer ziptop bag for up to 6 months. When ready to reheat, bake the frozen meatballs on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.