Kale and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- Large bunch of organic kale, center ribs trimmed out
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16 oz Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmigianno-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Italian (flat leaf) parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp basil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 jar of Organic Bello Kale Tomato Basil pasta sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Cook the pasta shells to al dente. Remove the cooked shells and dry on a clean towel.
- Bring water back to a boil and add the kale leaves. Cook (blanch) for three minutes then place leaves in a bowl of ice water. Squeeze dry then chop the kale into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium skillet or sauté pan, heat olive oil. Sauté onion until it’s soft and transparent. Add the garlic and sauté another 60 seconds. Add the chopped kale to warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Transfer onion, garlic, and kale mixture to a medium bowl and mix in ricotta and ½ cup Parmigianno-Reggiano, egg, herbs, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Place about a 1 cup of the tomato sauce in a 9×13 casserole dish. Line dish with shells and fill each shell with 2 tbsp of ricotta filling. Top the shells with the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle with the last quarter cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven (350 degrees F) about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.